- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound raw unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 8 ounces King Orchards dried tart cherries
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the peanuts and stir to coat with the melted butter.
- Mix together the chili powder, cumin, pepper, salt, oregano and cayenne in a small bowl; reserve.
- Place the peanuts on a large sheet pan and lightly toast in a preheated 300°F oven for about 10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally. Transfer the peanuts to a large bowl and coat with the dry ingredients. Mix in the cherries until uniformly blended.
Storage: Store the nut mixture in an airtight container.
Adapted The Culinary Institute of America, Hors d’oeuvre at Home (John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2007)