We often get asked, “What is the difference between the concentrate and the capsules?”
They are both made with 100% Montmorency tart cherries but use different parts of the cherries. The concentrate is made by pressing the cherries, then concentrating that juice through a slow evaporation process. The capsules are made with the skins and pulp of the cherries. It is then freeze dried and put into a veggie capsule.
Cherry Capsule Supplement Facts
- Serving Size: 1-2 Capsules
- Capsules per Container: 90
- Montmorency Tart Cherry Powder 500 mg
- Ingredients in Powder: 100% Montmorency Tart Cherries
- Other Ingredients (Vegetarian Capsule): Cellulose & Water
Cherry Concentrate Facts
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp. or 1 oz.
- Servings per 32 oz. Bottle: 32
- Ingredients: 100% Montmorency Tart Cherries
Buy Cherry Capsules Online
How many calories and carbohydrates are in the cherry capsules?
- There are 1.66 calories and 347.565 mg (.34g) of carbohydrates per capsule.
I see other tart cherry juice that is a lot cheaper? What is the difference?
- This could be:
- (1) The juice is single strength juice rather than concentrate. Our bottle makes 2 gallons of juice so be sure to compare prices accordingly if it is juice.
- (2) It could be made with cheaper, foreign cherries. Be sure to check the ingredient label for 100% U.S. Grown Montmorency tart cherries.
- (3) The concentrate is diluted more than ours. Our juice is concentrated to 68 Brix and we recommend a 7 to 1 mix. Check the label to see what it is concentrated to and if there is nothing stating that, visually check the thickness of the concentrate compared to ours.
- This could be:
How many cherries are in each capsule?
- The powder in the capsule is made from the skins of the cherries, which are measured by weight instead of by individual cherries. There are 52 pounds of skin and pulp in each pound of powder, so each 500 mg capsule contains 0.92 ounces of cherry skins and pulp.
How many cherries are in an ounce of concentrate?
- This really depends on when they were harvested. It takes less high quality, ripe cherries to product 1 oz. of concentrate than it does cherries that are harvested early. We average about 70 lbs.of cherries to produce one gallon of concentrate which is equivalent to about a 1/2 lb. of cherries per serving of concentrate.
How much melatonin is in dried cherries?
- From http://www.nationalcherries.com/whitepaper.html, “For 100 grams (about 3.5 ounces) of dried cherries, tart Montmorency cherries contain 27 milligrams of melatonin compared with 7 milligrams in sweet cherries.”
What is the difference between the capsules and the concentrate?
- The concentrate is made from the juice of the cherry where the capsules are made from the skin and pulp of the cherry. Both are 100% Montmorency tart cherries.
Are you organic?
- We grow our fruit conventionally using “Integrated Pest Management”. We are able to ship our concentrate to almost anywhere in the world due to our strict management strategy.